Although we highly recommend using OneDrive instead of your G drive, this article will cover how to add the G drive to your personal computer.
A few things to note about G drive and why we recommend OneDrive:
|Max Storage||100 Gb||1 Tb (1000 Gb)|
|MS Office Integration||No||Yes|
|Easily Share Files||No||Yes|
|Works on any device?||No||Yes|
But this article is not to just talk down G drive. If for whatever reason you are wanting to access your G drive from your personal computer then we will cover it here.
One thing to note as the table shown. You can only access your G drive from campus. This will NOT work off-campus.
Mapping G Drive on Windows
- Open the file explorer
- Click on the "This PC" section from the right side of the window
- Then click on the "Map network drive" button on the top of the window
- On the box that pops up change the following information
- Drive - change to G
- Folder - type in: \\sfs\student\firstname.lastname
- Click "Finish"
- Now your G Drive will be in the "This PC" section as mentioned in step 2.
You should now be able to open your G Drive and work with it just like any other Lab computer.
Mapping G Drive on Mac
As always if you run into any issues please let us know!
- Call us at (317) 738-8148
- Submit a ticket at service.franklincollege.edu
- or email us at email@example.com