Franklin College has transitioned to a new payment gateway for adding funds to your PaperCut personal account. Unlike the old cash-based system, PaperCut uses Debit/Credit card information to add funds to your PaperCut personal account.
- Log in to your PaperCut Account
Navigate to http://print.franklincollege.edu and login to the page using your Franklin College credentials. This is the same process you would normally use for accessing Web Print.
- Adding Credit
When you first sign in to PaperCut, you will see your account summary page. While this is helpful for monitoring your overall account activity, the section we need is ‘Add Credit’.
There are pre-set amounts you can choose from: $2, $5, $10, $15, $20. Choose the amount you would like to add and click ‘Add Value’. Please note that any unused PaperCut funds (positive balance) at the end of the semester are non-refundable and do not roll over to the next semester.
You will be taken to the payment portal operated by Authorize.net.
- Complete Your Payment
You can use your Debit/Credit card to complete your payment. After you’ve entered your card and billing information, click ‘Pay Now’.
When you arrive back at the PaperCut account summary page, you should see the new funds added to your account. You can also check your Transaction History and look for External funds added by the payment gateway.
Please note that any unused PaperCut funds (positive balance) at the end of the semester are non-refundable and do not roll over to the next semester.
All Franklin College students receive a credit of $15.00 for printing and copying at the beginning of each semester.
Any amount accrued over this limit will be charged to your student account.
How can I check my printing balance?
- You can view your printing balance for the semester by going to https://print.franklincollege.edu and signing in with your FC credentials.
- Once logged in you will see your "Balance" in dollar amount. If you have any negative you will have to pay it back by the end of the year.
- Or you can view it on any campus/lab computer. once you are signed in the papercut application should pop up on the top right of your screen showing your balance.
What if I accidentally printed something that I don't need?
If you need to request a refund for an accidental print, or any other reason. You can learn more about it here: https://franklincollege.happyfox.com/kb/article/12-how-do-i-request-a-printing-refund/
As always if you run into any issues please let us know!
- Call us at (317) 738-8148
- Submit a ticket at service.franklincollege.edu
- or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org